Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PICTURE MEME ....*TAG from ROSE

Here are the rules:
1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.
2. Go to the 6th Folder and then pick the 6th Picture.
3. Post it on your blog and tell the story that goes with it.
4. Tag 5 other glorious people to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog telling them about it.

OK
got this Tag by
ROSE WORLD

The role I had explain above

so my Picture MEME
is
all about
WARWICK CASTLE

Is not far from us is a lovely place to visit
I been there 2 time
about
the history
click here





I remember the first tiem I visit the caster is when my childhood best friend
Soon yen and her family come to visit on 1997 dec
I bring them to visit this place and is so cold but we had a great time
then the second time
Derek bring me Brandon and 3 Chinese student
to visit but we arrive lated only get in the front of the gate cos is closed tiem unless we want to stay for night visit
but we didn't




STORY ABOUT THIS CASTER
Warwick Castle was built on the orders of William the Conqueror in 1068 as part of a defensive chain of castles established to maintain power in his new territories. It is possible that some kind of defensive structure existed on the site in the early tenth century or before belonging to Ethelfleda, the daughter of Alfred the Great, The castle has been remodelled and strengthened over the years to the point we see it today. The first castle consisted of a huge mound of earth topped with a wooden fort. To the north of the mound was the bailey surrounded by a ditch and wooden palisade. The castle was positioned by the side of the River Avon which gave protection to the castle on that side. The wooden structure on top of the mound was replaced by a stone shell keep some of which can still be seen. The wooden palisade around the bailey has also been replaced by stone walls and towers. During the Baron's War Simon de Montfort's forces attacked and damaged the defenses. The Beauchamp family took possession of the castle shortly after and owned the castle for almost 200 years. In the late fourteenth century the several major changes were made to the castle including the great hall and domestic ranges, a water gate and improvements to the main gatehouse and the barbican infront of it. Over the centuries the castle became an important seat of power and was the home for the Earls of Warwick who played an important role in shaping the history of England. Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick was known as the 'Kingmaker' for his involvement in bringing Edward IV to the throne. The castle is now owned by the Tussaud Group and is possibly the best castle to visit in Britain due to the wide range of events and attractions that can be seen.

MORE PICTURE

OK ! That all I can say about it , now I got to pass this tag to .......

BARBARA

FARINA

I CAN'T THINK OF ANY MORE TO TAG JUS 3 FOR TODAY

ANYONE WISH TO PLAY THIS TAG PLEASE DO HAVE A TRY
THANK

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Pearly,
Wow; I love History; I think that I would go nuts visiting places like Warwick castle !!
I'll play ;) I'll let you know when I'm up.
Cheers !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pearly,

Ok, I will work on this tag. Thanks! By the way, I will look out for the parcel. Aisay, mhm sai hak hei la! ?)

pearly said...

Barbara dear :
Thank so much to do the tag :)
you love history .... now you now where to go now ,as I say be4 you are very welcome to our home for visit :)
have a lovely day xxxxx

pearly said...

hi dear Dawn :
No problem la , you are so nice to ADEN , he just want to say thank you xxxxxx

Pi Bani said...

Pearly dear,
Been ages since I came visiting your blog...

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year!

Salt N Turmeric said...

Oh gosh, im very lazy to do any kinda tags. i hope you dont mind Pearly?

pearly said...

Hi GURU Pi Bani dear :
so glad to have you pop around , sorry for myself not been around to you so often too , as you noted I have a little bb now he took over more of my time . :(

thank you same to you too xxxxxx

pearly said...

my dear Farine :
not at all , I myself is not a big tag fun too . is ok my dear .

I wish you a very happy new year too :)