Sunday, December 18, 2011
after all this years ...
I just can't believe it
it was so hard for me for the pass 8 mouths ,
without the car
walk to the bus stop
catch the bus to work with little Aden
walk to work ,
do have fun time with Aden during summer time
Now is winter
weather getting so bad and cold
I feel so sorry for little Aden need to get up early in the morning
everyday catch bus with me
thank to God
I got my BRIT Driving License and
I go through the hard way
I win I win I win
nothing can stop me Now
Thank god blessing me
Thank to my mum who pray for me and my 2 lovely sister too
also all my dearest friend who keep me stranger
thank you all xx
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Recipe: Nasi Lemak
Coconut Milk Steamed Rice
2 cups of rice
3 screwpine leaves (panda leave )
Salt to taste
1 small can of coconut milk (5.6 oz size)
1 cup of water
Tamarind pulp (size of a small ping pong ball)
Sambal Ikan Bilis (Dried anchovies sambal)
1/2 red onion
1 cup ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
1 clove garlic
10 dried chillies
1 teaspoon of belacan (prawn paste)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of gula malaka (plum ugar )
2 hard boiled eggs (cut into half)
1 small cucumber (cut into slices and then quartered)
- Just like making steamed rice, rinse your rice and drain. Add the coconut milk, a pinch of salt, and some water. Add the pandan leaves into the rice and cook your rice.
- Rinse the dried anchovies and drain the water. Fry the anchovies until they turn light brown and put aside.
- Pound the prawn paste together with shallots, garlic, and deseeded dried chilies with a mortar and pestle. You can also grind them with a food processor.
- Slice the red onion into rings.
- Soak the tamarind pulp in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze the tamarind constantly to extract the flavor into the water. Drain the pulp and save the tamarind juice.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the spice paste until fragrant.
- Add in the onion rings.
- Add in the ikan bilis and stir well.
- Add tamarind juice, salt, and sugar.
- Simmer on low heat until the gravy thickens. Set aside.
- Cut the cucumber into slices and then quartered into four small pieces.
- Dish up the steamed coconut milk rice and pour some sambal ikan bilis on top of the rice.
- Serve with cucumber slices, and hard-boil egg